. An Open Letter To The Reply By Mr Harmandeep (ex ota cadet)
1. I wish you along with all others had opened your mind before reading my article . Show me a single time when even remotely I insulted the organisation or anyone serving in it (refer the closing lines ) .
2. No where sir, did I mention the term lady officers , and a lady cadet is an official term . Right ?
3. About having a choice . My article as mentioned was intended to help many other aspirants to make an informed decision about their suitability for the profession and the life in the academy as the same is kept low profile to the outsiders.
(Do be kind enough to answer how many times were u asked at the academy to not tell anyone outside about the things inside ? Remember ! You are not supposed to say what happens inside . Although that might be for mental strength but then people have a right to know )
4. My utter regard for your success despite so many injuries but the technical faults brought about by the article about the training were not my whimsical dreams . Even the doctors inside the academy told us the same in an orientation prog and I quote ,” the casualty rate of IMA is 3% and that of OTA is 34% . Despite repeated recommendations made by the medical wing to bring about changes and include a full fledged strengthening oriented prog the same has been falling on deaf ears . The weather conditions play a pivotal role in this.”
(Sorry , but I can’t disclose names )
5. Nobody questioned anyone’s love for the training so don’t think from your heart .
6. If you so keenly had worked on your physical fitness MONTHS before joining ota then why such a long list of fractures ?
7. Mr Ex OTA ‘the statement of making men out of boys is not coined by me ‘ these are the exact words that one of the academy’s highest appointments spoke to me .
8. Regarding speaking to GCs . Again the term eye candy is not my coinage. This term n reason was both given to us day in and day out by our own seniors. FOLLOW YOUR SENIORS RYT??
9. I too have been born and brought up in this environment n worked equally hard sir. And if you say there are negatives then be brave enough to accept the negative and not portray them as my insult to army.
10. Again , I never judged or questioned if it is right or wrong to shut off one’s mind n follow orders . For your info I wrote IT WASN’T RIGHT FOR ME
11. And lastly to all those who are posses off that I wasted govt resources and the seat of another candidate. Folks , I paid 50k bucks for all the time I stayed there and hastened the withdrawal proceedings (which the academy was reluctant to ) so that the next person can join and gladly she has joined .
And for all those who were chanting the tunes of tradition and that I should have known that traditions are to be followed no matter what. Thank you for at least acknowledging the rigidity that prevails , and hopefully to accept that reforms are needed in tandem with the changing century.
The last time army act was amended was in 1951. This us 2016.
And for all those websites who published a story with a sick headline and half shown info … APPLAUDS to the INDIAN MEDIA .
Posted from WordPress for Android